One of the rowdiest events of the summer, the rodeo draws crowds from near and far to watch the wild west come alive. See real cowboys and cowgirls compete in timed and roughstock events.
“It’s the old West — the closest you can get to the way things were,” says Brandon Wilson, a fifth-generation Jacksonite (the community of Wilson is named after his family), a former bronc rider, and co-partner of the Jackson Hole Rodeo. Ride the edge of your seat while watching brave athletes compete in bareback riding, bull riding, barrel racing, team roping, saddle bronc riding, mini bull riding, and more. Every Wednesday and Saturday night between Memorial Day and Labor Day, the rodeo takes you back to the Old West — assuming popcorn, hot dogs, cotton candy, and rodeo clowns were there when the first bronc bucked the first cowboy.
What you need to know
Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays at 8 p.m. through September 9, 2023
- Save time and money—buy authorized tickets at JHRodeo.com only
- Get tickets early as many of our rodeos sell out quickly
- Tickets are non-refundable
- The rodeo grounds are located at 447 Snow King Ave. in Jackson, WY
- Bring your printed tickets or e-tickets and proceed straight to the gates to save time
- Arrive early (we recommend 7:15 p.m.) to beat the crowds, avoid the lines and choose your general admission seats
- Gates open at 6:30 p.m.
- All rodeos start at 8 p.m. and end between 9:30 and 10:00 p.m.
The Teton County Fairgrounds and Jackson Hole Rodeo Arena are just a few blocks from Snow King and about a 10-minute walk from the town square. If you’re staying in town, walk or bike. It’s a great way to avoid the parking lot and post-rodeo traffic.